Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ten Years

This is Matt, the husband, and I rarely post on this blog but this occasion called for it. Today, September 12th, my wife Megan and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary. Ten. Years. How 'bout them apples?! It has been a terrific journey thus far that is built on love. Pure old fashioned love.

See, we met in an unconventional manner, and after dating just 9 months we were engaged. Then, just 30 days before our wedding day I moved my wife (who had never moved) from Chicago to Cleveland. And then it was on! We went on to live in Virginia, Colorado, and now in South Jersey. She stayed with me on every move. That takes love and a lot of trust.

Through all of these years and moves, we have both taught each other much. For example:

I taught her how to eat sushi on our very first date. Love.
She taught me what quinoa was. Love. (Well, like actually. Well, not really. I don't like it.)
I taught her to be a Buckeye (and college football) fan. Love.
She taught me to be half of a Chicago Bears fan. Love...but GO COWBOYS!
We both taught one another a little bit about determination, never giving up, and sacrificing whatever it took to have a child. Love. Sacrifice. Miracle. Thankful.
Yes, we (like many many couples) struggled with "unexplained infertility" for 6 years. We went through many unsuccessful tries. Then we would have success with IVF and get a heartbeat. Only to lose it later on. Twice. But we supported one another, and even though we came close a couple of times, we never gave up. And then it happened on our last IVF attempt. A miracle little girl! Love.

What does all of this have to do with our anniversary? Well, I hope our daughter reads this one day and understands that marriages are journeys where if you keep an open mind, never give up, and REALLY love one another, anything is possible. Everything is possible.

Everything is possible with a terrific partner, an open mind, a sense of adventure, compromise, and love. Happy 10th anniversary to the woman who possesses all of those traits and so very much more! I can't wait to see where this journey takes us next.

Love...

Matt

1 comment:

M and M: said...

thank you, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my husband of 10 years. the adventure and love are all so very worth it. - Megs