Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Girls



My two best friends are very different people, but both lovely in their own right. Kelly (on the left) and I went to college together. We both hated our sorority together, and spent most of our time at the bar. I must say that it did not affect my GPA in the least...it might have even helped! Kelly is married to Jason, they live in a suburb of Chicago, and they are expecting their first baby (a boy) in August. Canella (on the right) and I used to work together. I actually interviewed and hired her to replace me when I was promoted to a new position at an IT consulting firm. We hit it off from the start, and we are friends after both of us have moved on from that employer. Canella just received her associate's degree and will be continuing her education after she moves. She will be moving from Chicago to North Carolina toward the end of the year.

Please note: during this toast at my rehearsal dinner, I am toasting with a full pot of coffee. Why? Because it was there, and apparently I had misplaced my wine.